No upgrade to windows 8.1

nolacs22 14:46 06 Dec 2013

I have tried to upgrade 3 times and nothing.Now I'm afraid I have used up too much disk space.Does anyone know who to contact or the next step i should take?I have been to support.microsoft.com and ran some troubleshooting utilities,that did fix a couple of things so i tried again to D/load 8.1,but to no avail.I am a newbie.Thank you.

rdave13 17:44 06 Dec 2013

If it doesn't install then the download is in the temporary folder and Ccleaner will clean that out. Before you try any more fixes and if you are on a laptop I suggest that you create your back to factory reset DVD discs or USB flash drive. Any repair carries a risk and if it goes belly up you can at least start again. Remember to backup all your docs, photos, music etc anyway.

Once you've created the restore medium and your backups, you could try a system restore to an earlier time and see if the update installs then.

Finding out how to create these restore mediums then Start page, right click a blank area, icon on bottom right, then you see all the tiles. Look for something like 'Recovery Manager', particular to your manufactured laptop.

sharpamat 06:38 08 Dec 2013

What make and model Is it a laptop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?