No more resizing of pics?

ened 17:54 19 Nov 2007

I have just noticed the facility whereby you can change the fit-to-screen and the little box which appears top left of pictures in Internet Explorer is no longer there.

Is there a way to get it?

anskyber 19:19 19 Nov 2007

You need to help me more here, can you expain a little more what you mean because I'm a tad lost at the minute.

Kemistri 01:44 20 Nov 2007

IE7 has that option in the Multimedia section of the Advanced tab of Internet Options; I guess yours must be deselected.

Kemistri 01:47 20 Nov 2007

Should point out that it's a little magnifying glass cursor, though, so I'm not 100% sure that we're on the same page, but that's the setting that controls whether a large image will load in full scale or fitted to the viewport.

ened 06:31 20 Nov 2007

As Kemistri says IE7 has an option (By Default, if I remember correctly) whereby a picture in a web page is automatically resized, BUT also, if you hover the cursor over the bottom right, a box appears which allows you to reset it. At the same time if you hover the cursor over top left there are several options available to you, including SAVE AS.

This appears to have been done away with and I can't see how to retrieve it (if at all.)

Kemistri 11:03 20 Nov 2007

I don't get that bit either, so you're not alone. I remember seeing a small image toolbar in IE6, but I didn't know that it had vanished from IE7. I only ever use it for testing code and getting MS updates.

hgrock 21:24 21 Nov 2007

when you click on send to and you choose the mail recipiant you then get a box where u can choose the size

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017