"No bootable device found- Please restart system"

Jackh616 11:26 14 Jun 2017

Hey everyone I need help, earlier today my laptop crashed and when I went to turn it back on it came up with a black screen and then "No bootable device found- Please restart system" I have tried changing the boot order and inserting a boot disk but that didn't work.

Jollyjohn 11:28 14 Jun 2017

Make and model of laptop would help. If you can, open the back, remove and reseat the hard drive.

Jackh616 20:19 14 Jun 2017

It is a toshiba satellite. I have just tried reseating the hard drive but just got the same result

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:00 15 Jun 2017

That is not good news: boot to BIOS and see if the drive is found in the BIOS if not then you may need a new hard drive.

Jollyjohn 12:08 15 Jun 2017

ok. Little bit of info from Toshiba - click here I would double check your "boot disk" is actually bootable and try again.

If that fails, I would remove the hard drive and attach it to another PC using a caddy / adapter and recover your data before trying any thing else.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires