New thread ,same issues with updates

iqs 14:26 01 Jun 2014

Hi,

I posted a thread recently regarding the issues I'm experiencing with W8 updates

After many fresh installs,I assumed that the image of W8 was corrupt,and installed a fresh install via disc

The install went smoothly ,and every thing appears to be running as it should. That is except for the Windows updates....

Its scans for updates,informs me of 96 important updates,then hangs has it did many times before on downloading/installing ????

The PC has been running/downloading/udating for 1 hour,still 0KB

I installed W7 before the reinstall of W8, W7 updated with out issues

I know many of you helped on my previous thread,but this is getting beyond a joke . Please,please any help is appreciated

Thank you

rdave13 14:36 01 Jun 2014

Check if you can open the Store app.

iqs 14:45 01 Jun 2014

Just received this error on a fresh install Error Code 80248007

iqs 14:46 01 Jun 2014

will do rdave13 the error code was before your reply

iqs 14:56 01 Jun 2014

Hi , I have opened the Store app,there are apps to view & download,but it still the downloads just hang,then fail

rdave13 15:10 01 Jun 2014

The reason I asked as I was having similar problems on the laptop except the store app wouldn't open. Updates couldn't connect at times and in IE it opened the Google page ok. Then it would open the search list ok but clicking on a site in the list would show the can't connect page. Resetting the winsock and tcp/ip only worked for a short time. What cured it for me was this, click here, the first command line showing.

Why re-registering the store app fixed it I don't know.

There's also this, Microsoft support to look at as well. Apologies if you've tried that before.

iqs 15:21 01 Jun 2014

Hi rdave13. Thank you for the reply & links.

I haven't tried the re-registering the store app,it say after the update to 8.1 ?I'm unable to update to 8.1 without the required updates. But will give it a try. The suggestions in your 2nd link,I have tried many times .

Thank you

rdave13 15:34 01 Jun 2014

Try using an Ethernet cable instead of wireless for now.

iqs 15:54 01 Jun 2014

Hi, Have tried Ethernet,even attempted to update the network drivers,no luck

BRYNIT 16:07 01 Jun 2014

You could try installing the updates manually a few at a time. I've found that after a clean install some updates need to be installed before others and the computer may needs rebooting. Note: some of these resent update are very large.

rdave13 16:52 01 Jun 2014

You could try manually updating the first update shown here. See if that downloads and installs. Good suggestion from BRYNIT .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?