new nvidia drivers for vista 32 and 64 bit

sunnystaines 19:38 09 Jan 2009

click here

or

click here

i used nvidia download site and installed over earlier driver went ok had to reset resolution on restart.

sunnystaines 21:59 09 Jan 2009

have problems with vista solitaire game re hardware acceleration. driver may be faulty.

mooly 08:24 10 Jan 2009

Wonder if there will be any for Notebooks ? GeForce 6100 in particular for Vista. Will keep an eye out. Thanks sunnystaines.

AL47 00:19 11 Jan 2009

the nvidia website is rubbish for laptop drivers

i update mine from a third party website

mooly 07:17 11 Jan 2009

Using the Acer drivers from their site. Occasionally ( can go for months OK and then do it ) get message "NVLDDMKM Video driver stopped responding but has recovered". Google it and it's apparently a huge problem with NVIDIA. Thanks.

sunnystaines 09:08 11 Jan 2009

i always thought with laptops you used the makers drivers rather than nvidia or ati.

Pine Man 11:08 11 Jan 2009

Installed the new drivers and refreshed my 'Windows Experience Index'. The score for 'Gaming Graphics' has dropped from 5.4 to 5.3.

Now what - suicide?

AL47 12:12 11 Jan 2009

if i used the dell ones for laptop i would have dirvers that are practically a year old!

Jim_F 13:25 11 Jan 2009

I think the one size fits all approach to drivers leads to these inconsistencies. Some updates seem to favour certain chipset versions others may be for stability vs performance. I generally go for the latest because thats what software vendors recommend but evry now and again I've seen hiccups where bits of the old driver get left behind and this is where Driver Sweeper click here comes in.

mooly, sunnystaines,

It is possible to use the nvidia drivers but many laptop OEMs set up their drivers to ignore drivers without their own customisation.

To get round this I've found it necessary to clean the existing drivers before install or use a modding tool.click here

I haven't used the NVidia version but the ATI modder has worked well for me to date.

mooly 19:01 11 Jan 2009

Thanks Jim_F. To be honest I am wary of installing anything other than recommended drivers in a notebook.
This was the problem I had,
click here
and am currently trying the registry tweak re timeout errors at the moment. Touch wood all's OK too. Thanks.

AL47 19:54 11 Jan 2009

as long as you use a modded inf file youll be ok, that and other peoples reviews

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?