new g80 drivers

should have titled it 'new nvidia drivers'

its as buggy as hell! ntune doenst work unless you disable uac, even if you are running as administrator. have reverted back for the time being.

crosstrainer 08:36 27 Jul 2007

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems with the drivers, I have to say that my experience is totally opposite.

All games issues have benn resolved, and DX10 support has been enabled for the 6 and 7 series of cards.

Fear, (which wouldn't play at all before) now runs as smooth as silk) Ntune works perfectly and I'm a happy bunny.

yeah, i kind of had problems with the installation i think, after removing it manually and using guru 3d drive cleaner i have it loaded and all is fine, on this pc i have supreme commander, wow, lotro, fear, oblivion, all the half life games and a very patched cod2. all these worked fine with the previous driver the only know issues i had was shatt on wow, that problem still remains, and no noticeable increase on frame rates, so i guess its mainly sli problems ironed out.

crosstrainer 16:57 27 Jul 2007

But from here all is well (so far) the thing is Nvidia were not going to support DX10 on the 6 and 7 cards but are now. Mind you I only have one DX10 capable game (flight sim) and to put it on this rig means moving all my force feedback kit across. Which is not Vista compatible!

Yolk, pedals, 400 quid plus. Can't win:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?