.Net Framework updates will not install

swapper 07:36 26 Jun 2014

Vista Home Premium - 64bit

We cannot install the MS .Net Framework updates, getting the error code 0x80070643. This gives us advice about how to resolve the problem, at

click here problem is that we cannot see any trace of “Office Source Engine service (Ose.exe)” when we follow these guidelines.

Any advice please?

Our

chub_tor 09:21 26 Jun 2014

Did you try the Microsoft Fixit Tool on this page click here

Secret-Squirrel 10:54 26 Jun 2014

Swapper, your click here is for problems with Microsoft Office updates in a corporate environment so I can't see how it's relevant to your problem.

chub-tor has given you the link to the official Microsoft fix for .Net Framework updates that fail with an error code of 0x80070643.

swapper 16:37 26 Jun 2014

Chub_tor Thanks, and yes, we did try the M/S Fixit Tool ? Methods 1, 2 and 3. which did not resolve the problem.

Jockie We use both up to date Malwarebytes and Ccleaner. Office is not installed on the machine which is probably why we cannot find any trace of Ose.exe and the reason we have asked about our problem here.

Secret -Squirrel I understand what you are saying, the reason that we followed this link is because 0x80070643 advised us to enable/ disable Ose.exe, which we cannot find on the system, the link was just another way that we tried to resolve the problem. What we don't understand is why the error code 0x80070643 tells us to enable (if disabled) Ose.exe when it is not on the system, or is the OS corrupt, must we do a complete reinstall or what? All other updates install ok. We have done sfc /scannow, chckdsk and a clean startup

Thank you all for your imput

rdave13 21:25 26 Jun 2014

Last resort is system restore I think otherwise it won't get resolved looking at what you've tried. Could be registry corruption.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?