Nero Essentials 7

peter99co 14:35 09 Dec 2007

I have had to uninstall Nero because a program called Nmindekstoresvr.exe was running contiuously. it used 98% of cpu. This OS is Vista and when Windows Defender did a Quick Scan! it took 3 hrs before i stopped it. After Nero was stopped on Task Manager the Quick scan took 2 mins 50 secs. How can i put Nero back on without this kind of problem.

anskyber 14:45 09 Dec 2007

mindexstoresvr.exe is part of Nero Scout that comes with Nero CD/DVD Burning 7. Nero Scout is a database program that catalogs all of the media files on your computer and that makes this database available to other programs in the Nero 7 product package. This process can be removed to free up system resources.

If you reinstall then use msconfig to find the start up tab and stop that part of the program running.

anskyber 14:47 09 Dec 2007

msconfig in Vista click here

martd77 14:57 09 Dec 2007

I had a similar problem,i bought for my new vista system a samsung dvd writer and it came with nero 7..9.64,for two days its worked fine happily burning audio cd from mp3 sources.
Today it wont make audio cds because it needs a "plug in"

Whats the answer to that?
much appreciated

MCE2K5 16:50 09 Dec 2007

Go here, click here.

You need to buy the 'mp3PRO Plug-in'.

Some versions only come with the Demo Plug-in.

Only € 19.99.

martd77 18:10 09 Dec 2007

Cheers that explains it sort of but why has it worked for a few days?
Is there a time out on it or something?

MCE2K5 19:48 09 Dec 2007

The Demo Plug-in allows just so many (Can't remember How many) MP3 conversions.

peter99co 22:27 09 Dec 2007

Thanks for solution but will the other bits of Nero work without the indexing operation? does the indexer stop on its own? I have about 5000 files and i would have thought it would have taken less time to complete. I think the indexer only came to life after a manual defrag!I could be wrong though.

peter99co 15:13 13 Dec 2007

I have received advice from nero support to update from their website and enter product code to make downloaded trial version permanent. hope this solves problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?