Nero 7 premium coaster maker

sype 16:38 22 Jun 2007

im trying to put an AVI file onto a dvd to play on my tv. everything works ok and nero says that the burn is sucsesful. but the discs wont play correctly, sticking then stopping all together. i have tried the discs on 4 dvd players with the same results. i have tried 1 gigatain dvd-rw, 1gigatain dvd+r DL. and four verbatim dvd-r's all now coasters. I normally get about 95% sucsess rate from the verbatims using free programs like IMG burn and dvd decrypter. can anyone explain why im getting so many failures?
vista home premium. sony dvd multi recorder.
nero7 premium v.7960 all drivers are up to date.

mrwoowoo 19:44 22 Jun 2007

are you using vista ,as nero tends to struggle with this operating system but apparently there is an update on nero's site for this.
If xp,i use nero recode to burn avi's to dvd and have no probs so other than this i'm not sure.

mrwoowoo 19:47 22 Jun 2007

sorry forgot which thread i was in,of course you are using vista.
as i said updating nero to the latest version has worked for others on this forum ussing nero and vista.

sype 12:49 23 Jun 2007

my version is up to date.

sype 22:12 02 Jul 2007

Sorry to nero i may have talked to soon. lots of dvd are failing using differant programs. i now think its a drive problem. i've updated the dvd firmware and crossed my fingers. the problems started when i installed nero, thats why i thought it was them to blame.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017