My Windows PC freezes at windows loading screen.

AnthonyS1337 01:31 31 Mar 2017

Hello,

I was recently playing Mount & Blade warband when I noticed my mouse wasn't working, I swapped out the mouse for my brothers' one and my whole screen went black, I waited for 5 minutes to see if it would come back on but it didn't, I tried adjusing the cord that links the monitor to the tower (forgot the name) but I still got nothing, to see if it would fix it I held down the power button to force turn it off but when I turned it back on it went through the BIOS screens like normal, started loading windows and then it just froze. This has been happening for the past few days and finally decided it could be a recent windows update or something so I waited a few days, constantly trying to get onto my computer every day or so and FINALLY I got into it yesterday, I had access to it basically the whole day and then when I tried to turn it on again today I had the same problems. (Black screen and freezing on windows loading.)

I have tried turning my computer off forcibly three times and running automatic repair, it runs but when I click Restart Computer, it freezes again.

Please help me, this is driving me crazy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?