my fault can you advise on solution

Head hurts 15:39 04 Jul 2007

loaded a disc into pc running vista which said spare back up 1gb of free 1gb data backup so i registered and scanned quickly the terms which went on and on so stupidly i ticked the i agree box and continued to the point where it said did i want to back up now so i selected the option to back up my pictures went down for a coffee came back and saw there would be over 1gb went back and re read the terms which said everything over 1gb would be charged for so i stopped the back up which was below the 1gb limit and thought best not use this programme and tried to delete the folder from c drive. i am the administrator and sole user but i am not being allowed to delete this folder called spare back up with internet connection shortcut. so why can i not delete this folder and to anyone reading this who like me sometimes gets fed up reading long list of terms think again. any help ridding this would be good, system restore tried but it leaves this folder on the c drive.

anskyber 16:10 04 Jul 2007

This appears to be their uninstaller. click here If you have given your credit card details perhaps you should contact Spare Back up click here tell them what you are doing and tell your credit card company.

Head hurts 16:49 04 Jul 2007

thanks anskyber i tried your link and the uninstaller did not do its job i tried a reboot and found the system blocking a start up named spare preinstall launcher exe. which i managed to delete with windows defender. the folder named spare back up was still in place but have now managed to delete it by deleting the sub folders and then the main folder. hope i have not done anything that may cause problems later but many thanks for taking the trouble to reply to me, i did not think of checking the website basic mistake on my part, thanks again for advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?