Mustek

Kate B 14:41 08 Mar 2007

Has anyone been in contact with Musktek about scanner drivers? I can't even force a driver to install in compatibility mode *gnash*

crosstrainer 16:18 08 Mar 2007

Make and model?

crosstrainer 16:19 08 Mar 2007

Mustek I know, model number?

crosstrainer 16:26 08 Mar 2007

Kate B....no point in looking for drivers...the rather rude comment on the official site is "Currently we don't provide drivers for Windows Vista" My lexmark all in one fax scan etc. still has no drivers... it's back to the old "buy new kit" comment I made some time ago..Must say, never been Mustek's greatest fan.

crosstrainer 16:41 08 Mar 2007

click here This shows the problems people are having with them...very bad PR methinks.

Kate B 17:50 08 Mar 2007

I've got a USB A3 scanner, crosstrainer. I'm in email conversation with the PR who's in the US - I'll keep you posted.

I wouldn't have bought Mustek, I must say, under normal circumstances: I've had a couple of Canon scanners and they've been great, but I needed an A3 one and Mustek is the only company that makes an A3 scanner for a reasonable price. It's by no means the best scanner in the world but it did what I needed it to do.

sunny staines 18:30 08 Mar 2007

perhaps SP1 might include extra drivers for vista hardware.

Kate B 19:03 08 Mar 2007

I've opened an email dialogue with the PR, who's in the US, on the subject - I'll let you know what happens. Good thought, SS, but I hope I'll be able to fire up my scanner before the end of the year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?