Music/Pictures mixed

bruno 18:43 13 Jul 2010

I have Windows 7 and I noticed today that when I open My Pictures it also includes My Music and My Public Music. They are still in My Music as well. I am fairly sure this is a new thing. Anybody got an idea why this should happen and is it OK to delete the folders?

john bunyan 17:53 14 Jul 2010

If I were you I would create a new folder , say query. Then move the possible duplicate folders to the query folder. Then do a search for one of your music files and see if it is in the "correct" Music folder. It sounds as if the others are duplicates. Then I would drag the query folder to the recycle bin. Then try to play one of the music tracks from the proper location. I would not empty the recycle bin until you are sure all is well.

bruno 18:43 15 Jul 2010

I will give that a try. Thanks for the reply.

bruno 21:11 15 Jul 2010

I tried your suggestion but when I came to delete one of the folders of music it also removed it from the correct Music folder, so I restored it. I have also noticed that in the correct folder I can only get List and cannot change them to Icons. They are in Icons on the second folder. It is not a desperate problem, I was just curious if anybody else had come across it. The PC is only a few months old and not full of junk yet.

bruno 21:11 15 Jul 2010

I tried your suggestion but when I came to delete one of the folders of music it also removed it from the correct Music folder, so I restored it. I have also noticed that in the correct folder I can only get List and cannot change them to Icons. They are in Icons on the second folder. It is not a desperate problem, I was just curious if anybody else had come across it. The PC is only a few months old and not full of junk yet.

bruno 20:24 20 Jul 2010

Panic over. I stumbled across the answer.
Start/Right click Pictures/Left click Properties/highlight unwanted folders.Left click remove.
I still don't know how it selected Include in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?