Much difference Basic or Premium

Nessie 14:37 20 Apr 2007

About to buy cheap laptop with vista basic installed. I know the graphics arnt so good with basic but are there any fundermental differences.Can i still use romote to help friend. If I gat laptop and want premium is that costly or difficult. Thanks

anskyber 14:40 20 Apr 2007

The differences side by side click here

setecio 16:15 20 Apr 2007

If you go for premium you will need a mid range laptop rather than the cheapest, to get the 3D flip and aero to work. There are many remote programs for XP apart from the windows version, and I'm sure there will be for Vista if there aren't already.

I came to the conclusion the main differences were aero, 3D flip and media centre and if you can do without these then go for basic, however you are asking about remote and I'm not sure in this area.

jz 21:36 20 Apr 2007

I have Vista Premium, but turned aero off and made it look like Windows 2000. I guess I spend around 5% of the time working with Windows, and 95% of the time doing work (email, word processing, etc). I use a PC as a tool, not a play thing! Vista Basic would have been good enough for me, but the laptop that I bought from Dell didn't have that option, unfortunately. I would have liked to have saved £20 or so instead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?