ms vista price reduction?

sunny staines 10:54 04 Apr 2008

apparently ms has cut the price in february by 20% but cannot find a store that knows about it.

anskyber 11:04 04 Apr 2008

I think it's a roll out starting in the USA.

anskyber 11:05 04 Apr 2008

What MS say. click here

sunny staines 12:21 04 Apr 2008

time it him the uk

sunny staines 12:21 04 Apr 2008

hit

sunny staines 14:24 04 Apr 2008

tried a few mail order places no one is bring it in. typical uk prices.

anskyber 14:32 04 Apr 2008

But don't for get this. click here and click here

sunny staines 10:05 07 Apr 2008

spoke to microsoft sales this morning to confirm the price reduction that they mentioned back in february this year when they said vista with sp1 included would be reduced.

spoke to an american sounding lady not sure if i had been diverted to the USA or not but it was like speaking to a robot, she could not grasp that vista dvds are now on sale with sp1 included, nor could see grasp the point are microsoft still going ahead with discounts or not, this woman had three standard answers [sp1 can be downloaded on liveupdate, we have free support, and we are not selling sp1 its a free download]i might as well have spoken to an animated machine, she spoke english but the experience was worse than an indian call centre.

I might try later to see if i can get someone else.

sunny staines 10:05 07 Apr 2008

spoke to microsoft sales this morning to confirm the price reduction that they mentioned back in february this year when they said vista with sp1 included would be reduced.

spoke to an american sounding lady not sure if i had been diverted to the USA or not but it was like speaking to a robot, she could not grasp that vista dvds are now on sale with sp1 included, nor could see grasp the point are microsoft still going ahead with discounts or not, this woman had three standard answers [sp1 can be downloaded on liveupdate, we have free support, and we are not selling sp1 its a free download]i might as well have spoken to an animated machine, she spoke english but the experience was worse than an indian call centre.

I might try later to see if i can get someone else.

sunny staines 13:52 10 Apr 2008

tried again still got the robotic woman who cannot answer anything other pre set questions by the sound of it.

dan** 23:06 10 Apr 2008

£13.90 for my full oem VHP disk around 12 months ago.

I still say I was robbed.:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone