MS Outlook problem with Win 7 - 64 bit.

Chelendi 11:27 15 May 2010

Have just bought new PC with Win 7 - 64 bit for greater RAM. Problem it loads Office 2007 fine but will not accept my address book into Outlook and insists I work using the contacts list which is no good if you have created Distribultion lists as I have. At present it means I have to type in each address as I need it and cannot use BCC which is important to me. Can this problem be solved or am I going to have to change my email software in which case which one should I go for? MS says that win 7 does not support address book which seems daft but will Office 2010 sort this problem out? Thanks

ajm 12:51 16 May 2010

Distribution lists in Outlook 2007 are situated in the default contacts folder and is indicated by its name in bold.

Technocrate 07:52 25 May 2010

To import an address book or business card from another e-mail program to Outlook Express, follow these steps in Outlook Express:

1. On the Tools menu, click Address Book.
2. On the File menu, point to Import, and then click Address Book or Business Card (vcard).
3. If you are importing an address book, click the address book you want to import, and then click Import. Depending on the type of address book you are importing, either locate and click the address book file, and then click Open, or proceed through the wizard. If you are importing a business card, locate and click the .vcf file you want to import, and then click Save.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017