Move WMM files to W7

awest3 18:17 18 Sep 2010

Just updated to Windows 7 and need to locate and use my WMM projects etc. on the new OS...Can someone tell me how to do this please...I have copies of my old data etc which the install of W7 kept for me plus an acronis backup.

rdave13 18:23 18 Sep 2010

You will need to download wmm for Win 7; click here

awest3 18:30 18 Sep 2010

Hi, Yes thanks.... I've downloaded the application but now need to find the project files and then point them at WMM. Any ideas on how to do that..?

rdave13 18:45 18 Sep 2010

I've not done this so guessing. The files will be in the Windows old folder if you have it so this might help; click here

awest3 19:32 18 Sep 2010

Hi rdave13, Thanks again..

I think its a bit more specific with WMM files...When you create a project the app creates files which do not merge as such, they sit as unconnected files until you actually build the video and publish it.... so if you want to do the project again (to change clips, sound etc) the app needs to know where they are to bring them together again... so I need to gather all these disperate files together and make them known to my new WMM copy...should be fun....

awest3 10:25 19 Sep 2010

Finally sorted it.....I had crteated my projects in Version 6 of WMM which was a vista only version..not downloadable from microsoft..As ever someone else had had the same problem when they moved to w7 and so created a downloadable version along with the HD extras. So I downloaded version 6 and all is working ok....bit of a panic for a while there as I'd got 3 projects of a wedding which I may need to alter in the future..
Thanks for your help..

rdave13 10:53 19 Sep 2010

No real help from me but thanks for your feedback and glad you sorted it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?