MoneyBox under Vista

Kate B 13:25 15 Mar 2007

I know some PCA members use this app to run their personal finances - is anyone using it under Vista? I ask because I've had endless grief with it - crashes, BSODs, unable to uninstall it, the lot - and its developer (my dad!) is spitting tacks about it.

He says it's 100 per cent Microsoft API compliant, compiled under Borland Delphi and the installer is written using the latest Vista-friendly flavour. For me, first it wouldn't install, then when I ran it as administrator it installed OK. However, then I had four BSODs in a row and then couldn't uninstall it in Safe Mode, getting an error message that said "Windows installer service cannot be accessed. This can occur if the Windows installer is not correctly installed". Dad says his neighbour's Vista machine is fine with it, so it could just be me, but he and I suspect the problems lie with some possibly undocumented or obscurely documented change with Vista.

So if anyone is running it smoothly under Vista - or indeed has had issues with it - we'd be grateful for feedback.

Pine Man 16:49 15 Mar 2007

Had me worried there!

When I saw the title of your thread I thought it was another way of paying into Gates' pension fund!!!

Kate B 17:09 15 Mar 2007

Ha, hope you've recovered!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?