Missing Disk partition, and explorer.exe wont start without admin. unable to restore to factory.

Mr.Wright 14:16 12 Apr 2015

Basically, my computer's explorer.exe wouldn't load automatically one day. so I took to using task manager to load it, but it would only load in admin privileges.

I am finally getting around to resetting my computer to factory setting, but it won't let me saying 'missing disk partition' when I attempt to do so. I have been suggested to press windows key and I to try and load 'change pc setting' to do it that way. However that won't work either because it refuses to load it with explorer.exe running as admin.

How can I get around to restoring my computer to factory? I am completely stumped.

I am running windows 8.1

robin_x 14:59 12 Apr 2015

Is it W8.1 from new or W8 upgraded to W8.1?

w8.1 media creation tool

w8 download

Any isos downloaded (instead of online upgrade/install) can be burnt to DVD by right clicking the iso file.

Or transferred to USB Flash with Rufus

robin_x 15:02 12 Apr 2015

You'll also have to download Manufacturer's Drivers from their Support page.

BRYNIT 19:48 12 Apr 2015

Have you run chkdsk to check drive for errors CLICK HERE for instructions.

Did you create a set of recovery disk/flash drive for your computer as these do not rely on the recovery partition and can be used when replacing a hard drive.

If you go to Settings/PC settings/Update and recovery/recovery you have three options the top two will reset windows but IMO this take a longer than doing a clean install.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:31 12 Apr 2015

make and model?

Mr.Wright 23:56 12 Apr 2015

Robin - its 8 upgraded to 8.1

BRYNIT - I have and it has found no errors on my pc. Like I said before I can't take that route of settings/PC settings/ because it refuses to launch due to my admin privileges of my explorer.exe

Fruit bat - my specs are below

Manufacturer Novatech Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz Memory 4096MB RAM Hard Drive 1 TB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 OS Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?