Mefia Player 11 &More Info

ened 16:04 12 Dec 2007

Is there a way to display the Total Length of a film being played?

Also I have just tried top play an old Led Zeppelin DVD and found I had to skip each track until I found the one I wanted.

Surely there is a way to list the tracks on the right like in previous versions.

anskyber 16:30 12 Dec 2007

Not easy to answer this one ened.

If you have things in the library and select songs then the full list should appear including times.

If I choose album then across the top appears things like, album, count, length. If you click on say length it will tell you how long the album is and count will tell you how many tracks there are.

I have not checked but I assume if I put a CD or DVD in the same choices will become available.

It's not obvious I agree and earlier versions of media player seemed easier to follow.

ened 16:43 12 Dec 2007

I'll have another scoot around and let you know how I get on.

Much of this is not obvious and the faqs put out by Microsoft invariably answer the wrong questions.

Much more of this and you're going to be quite (virtually) tipsy!

ened 17:44 12 Dec 2007

I have now had a look and I have to say it is not very user friendly.

All I want to do is to be able to see the total time of what ever is playing. At the moment all I can see is time elapsed.

I just put a Rolling Stones disc in and found that if you want to change tracks you have to leave the picture by going into the Library, finding the track you want and then returning.

Surely there must be a way to bring the track list up on the right of the screen like we used to. That is also the place where the total time was situated before.

anskyber 17:54 12 Dec 2007

I've just put a CD in.

From "now playing" there is a tiny down arrow, click it. Select "show list pane", depending on whether you have animations showing you may need to drag the line across and the full track list will show together with total times.

ened 06:22 13 Dec 2007

Got that!

So simple when you know how, although I still think it is not as good a\s previous versions.

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache