LogonUI.exe - unable to locate component - WTSAPI.

TamTamster 19:26 15 Nov 2007

Hi all

I just got a new phone yesterday and was trying to install the Sony Ericsson PC Suite last night. It wasn't going well and I was installing and uninstalling multiple times. The final thing I did last night was shut down the machine allowing it to apply updates - I don't have a record of what updates were applied.

Anyway, come back to the machine now and booting up I get the message:

LogonUI.exe - Unable To Locate Component
===============================
This application has failed to start because WTSAPI32.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I then okay this dialogue box...in fact I have to okay it 4 times. The PC then goes to the Windows login screen, I choose my user and enter my password and off it goes...

All seems fine until it actually gets to displaying Windows proper, and then I just get a black screen with my mouse pointer on it. The same thing happens if I boot up in safe mode.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium on a Dell Dimension E520.

I've browsed the web on anothe rmachine to try and see what it might be but generally have just found stuff relating to regclean type products.

Not sure what to do.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Matt

zgirl1077 23:14 13 Oct 2008

have you found a solution to this problem... I know it was a long time ago. but my computer just did that today. it was my first laptop and i am beginning to think it was a virus and i am just screwed. my main problem is i need it for school so i would like to fix it as soon as possible. thanks for any help.

lyndsey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?