Limited Wifi Connection Windows 8

Imremote 14:29 16 May 2017

Hi all,

Using a Packard Bell Easynote Te11bz on Windows 8. I'm having an issue with the wifi connecting. It stays on limited connection. My room mate has another laptop that works with no problem at all. So far I have checked to see the driver is up to date (qualcomm atheros Ar5b125). On the packard bell website the latest version is 2013 October, and mine was last done 2013 September. However I'm not sure how I can safely download the driver to a USB and install it onto the Packard Bell.

Thanks very much in advance! I've tried everything and cannot seem to get this working!

Cheers

Jollyjohn 15:57 16 May 2017

Does it work on an Ethernet cable?

Govan1x 16:39 16 May 2017

Well by my re-conning that laptop only works on 2.4 ghz. Maybe the router is set to 5Ghz so probably it would not work. Not a new router that you have got recently.

Either set the router to 2.4Ghz by disabling the 5Ghz or use an ethernet cable.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?