Lexmark X4550 bidirectional communication

ron255 16:53 03 Oct 2008

Hi
I am not very computer literate. I have just purchased Lexmark X4550 wireless printer to work with my wireless laptop. I have set it all up as asked (I am on BT home hub) it will not print, I have uninstalled it all reset everything and put it all on again and it is now saying enable bidirectional communication. I have searched the internet and have gone into ports and ticked the box hit apply and ok but it is still not working. I have been trying to get this sorted since 9am and am pulling my hair out. Any help really appreciated.

skidzy 18:05 03 Oct 2008

Try,
Open control panel and select printers in the "hardware and sound" Select your printer.

Right-click the printer in question in the window that opens and select
"properties"
Then click the "ports" tab at the top and in the window untick/deselect the
"enable bidirectional support" checkbox at the bottom.

Courtesy of anskyber PCA member.

Lorenzo 02:57 29 Sep 2009

Hi Everyone,

I have an XP Pc and a Vista *64 Bit Laptop networked together using a Wireless Router.

There is a Lexmark 1270 printer connected to the XP machine Via. the USB port, but when I try to connect to the printer using the Laptop over the network I get a communication error.

The Driver package downloaded from the Lexmarks website as been installed on the Laptop again with communication problems but lets the drivers be installed anyway.

Does anyone no of a solution as this would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks - Laurence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?