Lenovo z580 wi fi is slow to connect

Keelr9 13:28 05 Jan 2014

Hi I have a Lenovo notebook z580 with windows 8 pre-installed when i bought it and soon as i set it up and connected to internet through WiFi everything was fine until i close the lid and ope it back up it takes up to 5 minutes the longest to connect to the hub same with when the laptop is powered on, i then updated to the free windows 8.1 and it seemed to of fixed the problem but there was too many bugs and crashes with Windows 8.1 that i had to come back to windows 8 and the problem is now back if windows 8.1 fixed the problem surely there is a way of doing it with just windows 8.

Thank you Keel

chub_tor 10:46 06 Jan 2014

Go to Device Manager, scroll down to Network Adapters, click to open and then right click on your WiFi adapter, click on Properties and in the Power Management Tab make sure that "Allow the computer to turn off this device for power saving" is not ticked. Click OK and try again.

Keelr9 16:17 12 Jan 2014

Sorry for the late reply, I have done as You have said but the problem still persists and is getting rather annoying, Is there anything else I could do to help speed up the connection?

Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?