Lenovo Yoga 510 Boot & Bios issue

tagbd 16:34 17 May 2017

Hello,

I bought a Lenovo Y510, running Windows 10 a few months ago. The other day I was watching Netflix (probably not important) and the PC crashed. It briefly showed that blue screen that says ":( Something has gone wrong.." before switching off completely.

On switching it back on now, it shows the Lenovo screen with the buffering circle (occasionally says 'Preparing Automatic Repair', but not always). But, it never gets to the stage of loading Windows.

I've tried every key and possible combination and cannot access a bios or boot menu of any kind. Can anyone please suggest anything??

note: I have taken it into where i bought it. They are saying they cannot repair it as there is a tiny, tiny chip in the plastic at the front. Apparently this counts as 'physical damage' so they will only repair the software issue if I buy nearly £200 of casing...

Any help is much appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:35 17 May 2017

sounds like a rip off to me at 2 months old

download and make the windows 10 boot media from MS click here boot with the USB in the port and go to the repair my computer option. you should be able to repair or even reinstall windows from there.

tagbd 18:03 17 May 2017

Thanks - a total rip off! How do I boot from a USB - I can't access any kind of BIOS?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:19 17 May 2017

ite probably already set to boot from usb as first boot device.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?