latest nvidia drivers.. vast improvement

this is the third beta vista drivers im on now the performance on the latest is probably twice as good as the vista signed one. so nvidia seem to be working their guts out, shame m/s cant pull their finger out and sign the betas, the one before this one (unsigned) is needed to run moh airbourne and bioshock, it remains unsigned however!
click here
have had no issues whatsoever with any of the betas just a big fps increase/

crosstrainer 06:15 15 Sep 2007

Yep, I am now running my 2 8800gtx cards @ 1680x1050 on my digital 22" lcd screen, gaming performance has improved a lot, and the drivers are a lot more stable.

Seems Nvidia have yhings sorted now....just wait for SP1 to mess it all up again:)

gudgulf 10:19 15 Sep 2007

click here

I'm suffering from this issue......look at the image link in the first post.

But that's a problem with running an AGP card on the VIA PT880 Ultra chipset.

In my case a Gainward 7800GS+ (7900GT chip).

3D performance with the latest nvidia drivers is very good indeed.......around 10% slower than the same hardware/drivers under XP but very stable and good IQ.

nvidia's drivers do seem to improve noticeably with each release for Vista.

Pine Man 11:57 15 Sep 2007

Everything seems to work ok with the new drivers EXCEPT Train Simulator.

Yes I know it's a bit sad but it has cured one problem with blocking in the scenery but it is now playing havoc with the skies all pixilated and other problems in the cab of the train.

Still Flight SimX is ok!

Pine Man 19:20 15 Sep 2007

I've just reduced the resolution Train Simulator's settings and it works perfectly now!

ForestChav 01:28 16 Sep 2007

They really need nforce3 drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone