Laptop failing to startup, HELP

RyanH9 18:28 08 May 2017

I am getting a recurring problem with my laptop, whilst using the laptop it slowed down to a halt then turned off, whenever I try to turn it on now at the acer boot screen it says "repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." I've left it for hours and nothing happens, can't boot into safe mode on the new windows. Completely ran out of ideas. Would really appreciate some help on this one! Cheers

Burn-it 21:20 08 May 2017

I suspect that the disk has failed. You need to get it checked, either by booting to another device or putting it in a caddy and checking it with another machine.

Jollyjohn 12:06 09 May 2017

Boot from a Windows installation disc and after selecting language etc, select Repair my computer. Advanced options. Command prompt. run chkdsk c: /f/r/x may take several hours to run.

Govan1x 12:27 09 May 2017

If W10 or W8 start the computer and and then shut it down after 7 seconds by holding in the start button.

After doing that it should open another page giving you different ways of repairing it. Safe mode will be one of those but you have a few to pick from.

Govan1x 12:29 09 May 2017

After doing that 3 or 4 times I should have said.It should open another page with fix options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires