Laptop Consistently Crashing (Windows 10, Toshiba)

Kho 00:38 04 Jun 2017

So, I know virtually nothing about the intricacies of hardware/software, but with a bit of help from someone, I was able to get some logs and info as to why my laptop (a Toshiba Satellite) was getting BSODs about 1-2 times a day.

When the BSOD came up, it was always the same cause: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE. I tried updating my various network drivers, but the problem persisted. Screenshots to the logs are: and If I need to provide any additional screenshots, let me know, since I know very little about this kind of thing. Thanks in advance!

q33ny 09:28 04 Jun 2017

Please read this article.

Let us know how you get on.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:55 04 Jun 2017

Its likely to be the graphics or wifi card drivers.

first try going into device manager (right click start) select the network drivers - wificard driver select properties and make sure that the box "allow the computer to switch off is unticked.

If that doesn't solve the problem then try updating the drivers for the wifi card and your graphics card.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires