Labels - MS Publisher 2010 - placing on page issue

AroundAgain 13:30 03 Jun 2015
Answered

Using MS Publisher 2010, I'm designing/printing a sheet of business cards. Problem: When I print, the top row of cards are too high on the sheet (A4) which means the top two have a bit cut-off. Otherwise, the cards are fine.

Question:
Is there a way, in Pub 2010, to set the cards down a bit, ie a wider margin at the head of the page, please? There is plenty of room at the bottom of the page for this.

I'm not using pre-cut card, ie Avery card for business cards, just printing on card and I will trim afterwards

Many thanks for any help

lotvic 14:38 03 Jun 2015

I would think it similar to Publisher2007 with your publication open in window, to get to Page Setup: on 'Format Publication' - 'Business Card Options' - click on 'Change page Size' and box opens to alter card sizes and the page margins.

Page Setup also accessed by top toolbar - 'Format' - 'Page Options' - 'Business Card Options' - 'Change page Size'

AroundAgain 15:51 03 Jun 2015
Answer

Thanks very much, Lotvic

Yes, 2010 is slightly different but your post helped me to find more options regarding the business cards and placement on the page.

I also found, if I clicked on the bottom right corner of Page Setup, it opened a dialogue box where I could move the margins, change the distance between cards etc. A similar box to that which I found somehow, using your suggestions. So, yes, it's all there - just a matter of where to find such options ;)

So, as a result of your help, I have now been able to print the cards without the top two being cut off :) Thanks so much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?