Kodak ESP 3250 Printer won't scan

bramblebeach 09:55 05 Feb 2014

Tried to scan photo into computer. Keep getting error message 100-1025: tried all online suggestions to rectify this with no result. This is a recent problem as I've successfully scanned a couple of weeks ago. Tried reinstalling printer software. Can print documents, it's just the scanner which doesn't work. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

northumbria61 13:07 05 Feb 2014

You are probably missing an up-to-date driver. Download and Install drivers from here Kodak Support Under the heading Select a Product - select printers from drop down list - then All-in-one Printers - ESP3250

1]: [click here

bramblebeach 09:35 07 Feb 2014

Printer not connected to Homegroup. any ideas as to how to do this?

northumbria61 03:28 09 Feb 2014

Control Panel - Homegroup - tick your selections.

bramblebeach 09:14 09 Feb 2014

Tried ticking all boxes in Homegroup. Still getting error 100-2105. Tried system restore, zilch. Complete mystery as scanner was working ok at New Year

northumbria61 10:34 09 Feb 2014

Did you try updating the driver? Sometimes an update from Microsoft can overwrite your printer driver, which has happened on two occasions with a friend of mine especially if you have Windows Updates set to automatic updates. He had the same problem and it was a Kodak all-in-one although not sure which model it was.

I always recommend that settings be changed in Windows Updates to "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them". This way you have more control over your updates.

I am of the opinion that a driver/software update OR complete removal and reinstall may solve your problem.

northumbria61 10:45 09 Feb 2014

Take a look here (2nd one in list) Scan Error Code

northumbria61 10:47 09 Feb 2014
  northumbria61 10:54 09 Feb 2014

From this LINK Support - Contact Us you can click on Contact Us (2nd line down from top of page) and after choosing your product gives you the option to Upload Data Diagnostics Report.

You can always use this option if all else fails.

bramblebeach 21:33 16 Feb 2014

Tried all suggestions, no luck and the printer has now stopped working, so have gone back to my old Epson DX8400. Very many thanks to all those who offered help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?