The @ key on my keyboard

ClaudiaMThompson 06:33 25 Aug 2013

Hello, Yesterday I just got a new computer with Windows 8 on it.

I want to keep my old keyboard because someone told me the new wireless one will require changing the batteries a lot, which I do not want to have to do.

Anyway, the keyboard I have has the quote sign " where the @ should be and vice versa. How can I change that? Every time I type in my email address it is really frustrating.

I know that before I had to change the Region or Language in my control panel, but since this isn't the new keyboard they sent to me, then what do I do?

Thanks.

ClaudiaMThompson 06:35 25 Aug 2013

NOTE: Just as a sidenote to my question, I am from America and moved to the UK but I cannot remember if this is an American or a British Keyboard. The " quote sign is above the number 2 on this keyboard.

BRYNIT 07:56 25 Aug 2013

Go to Control Panel/Region and Languages/keyboards and languages/change keyboard/general if it's UK change to US

chub_tor 09:10 25 Aug 2013

BRYNIT has the answer for you but just to confirm that you have a US Keyboard, in addition to the position switch for " and @ you will find that you do not have a £ sign above the 3, you will have a hash # sign Click Here

adgta 17:26 25 Aug 2013

I did as the above poster advised and changed the region from US to UK. But when I apply the changes the region stays as US. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone