Keeping Outlook & XDA settings

belcanto 22:43 24 Mar 2010

Hi can anyone help? I want to upgrade from Vista to Win 7 but am worried that I'll loose my XDA and Outlook Office 2007 settings. I am also worried that by by syncing my xda, it'll wipe off all of my contacts, diary, pics, music, etc.

I'll be really greatful for any ideas people have

TIA
Belcanto

ajm 02:08 25 Mar 2010

I may be wrong, but there is no "upgrade" path from Vista to Win7. You will need to do a fresh install which is better than a upgrade.

You will loose all your data unless youu have a backup...you have a backup dont you?

Outlook backs up all the info using a pst file. You can backup the pst file using a free microsoft tool click here

Ensure that all your hardware and software are compatible with Windows 7 before you make the jump. Windows 7 upgrade advisor click here will be a good start.

Once youve decided to make the jump and you have all the relevant cd/disk for all the software that you have alook here click here

belcanto 08:29 25 Mar 2010

Hi Ajm, I have done some further research and it seems the upgrade is not available for XP users but Vista it seems allows the upgrade path.

I will also add that some peopple have said that once they have upgraded even with Office installed they cant access past Outlook files. Still need to know what solution there is to the XDA Orbit II problem.

Be interested in your and others responses to this

Belcanto

ajm 00:29 26 Mar 2010

Hi belcanto. I am not familiar with the XDA but a quick search showed it used the Windows Mobile OS and that ib Windows 7, ActiveSync is replaced by Sync Centre that allows syn of data between the XDA and Outlook.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?