Keep Losing System Restore Points

prima12 10:06 15 Jun 2014
Answered

Hi all, I am running Vista Home Premium and have noticed over the last month that I keep losing my system restore points. I first noticed it when my PC seemed to be playing up and running very slow at carrying out tasks, and it had difficulty in doing more than one thing at a time, it has however now improved in that area, it's the lose of restore points that bothers me more, any suggestions? P.

chub_tor 10:00 18 Jun 2014

Are you sure that you have sufficient free disk space for System Restore points. Windows will cut back on the number that you can have if disk space is low. You might also want to take a look at this article

prima12 18:48 23 Jun 2014
Answer

Reference this post that I closed, I ran Auslogics DiskDefrag and found that this is the programme appears to be wiping out all my previous System Restore points. P.

john bunyan 19:10 23 Jun 2014

I use Windows 7 and Auslogics DiskDefrag . I checked with CCleaner how many restore points I had before and after a disc defrag. There was no change.

alanrwood 09:29 24 Jun 2014

I have also found that some defrag programs delete the restore points. When ever I do a new install I keep multiple restore points throughout. My last action is to defrag the C: drive and then create a final restore point before creating a disk image for future use.I found that the restore points were nearly always lost during the defrag which is why I always created a final one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?