Jumping on the Vista Bandwagon

ajm 22:59 21 Sep 2007

I have decided to make the jump to Vista and have bought this machine click here

It has Vista Business and will be primarily be used for basic use like word processing, emailing and to train my self in Small Business Windows Server 2003.

I have my Windows XP Compaq PC as a backup and Also have MacBook Pro.

Am hoping to receive it Monday and look forward to experienceing Vista

Forum Editor 10:16 22 Sep 2007

I was in my local PC World store last week, and was very impressed with the special Apple section, complete with bar and barstools.

If only their machines were a bit cheaper Apple would sell millions more of them.

Enjoy Vista.

Jimmy14 10:26 22 Sep 2007

I jumped off the Vista bandwagon about a month ago, it clearly needs a lot of work.

tullie 10:33 22 Sep 2007

Its cleary pretty good i reckon.I was going to go down the xp route myself,thought about it,then decided it was daft,so dident bother.

the biggest problem with vista is it thinks it knows best and tries to tun the show alone, i spend a lot of time running behind it clearing up it's bad calls.

Yogie 16:59 22 Sep 2007

I just changed one month ago from HP17screen laoptop with vista premium to Apple mac book pro 17screen with mac osx and installed vista ultimate to. I never had any problem with vista before and now and I am not a IT professional, is just my hobby. I was against vista before but after using it for a few month I never could go back to xp. If you never try it you never know how good it is.

Yogie 17:01 22 Sep 2007

I just changed one month ago from HP17screen laoptop with vista premium to Apple mac book pro 17screen with mac osx and installed vista ultimate to. I never had any problem with vista before and now and I am not a IT professional, is just my hobby. I was against vista before but after using it for a few month I never could go back to xp. If you never try it you never know how good it is.

cream. 20:01 22 Sep 2007

" If you never try it you never know how good it is. "

It does everything in duplicate, does it;))

I agree with adman 2, it really can be a pain when it tries to force you into "it" knowing best. Turning off UAC was a godsend and makes things a lot easier.

I dual boot with XP and find it nearly impossible to access certain files in the XP folder yet when in XP I can retrive, modify, swap, delete absolutley anything in the Vista folder.

ajm 22:48 24 Sep 2007

Received the HP machine today and as had a day off from work, spent the day getting used to it. The first thing that I did was disable the UAC. However, reading some forums it was sugested to turn it on and get used to it. SO have done that.

So far, I have installed Office 2007 and loaded drivers for the wireless adaptor. Did a windows update and installed the latest updated for both Vista and Office

Unfortunately, the drivers for my laserjet 1010 printer are not yet available.

Hopefully over the next few days, I shall transfer data from the Compaq machine with XP Home onto the Vista Business system

So far...looks good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?