Invincible AdWare Challenge - Win XP

luis9191 07:27 16 Nov 2014

I've tried AVG 2015, Spybot, Hitman, Malwarebytes, Adware removal, Combo Fix, Registry mechanic RegCure and nothing has improve.

At first there were many duplicated processes like: explorer.exe, iexplore.exe (I use Chrome), another from Firefox y regsrv32.exe (2 processes)

But now new processes arised like WPFFontCache_v0400.exe and OFFLB.exe. And PC is just too slow and gets offline after a while.

Lately I'm using AVG and it identifies some "Mal.Sign" and cookies, which appear everyday.

What could I do to... - Heal it (if even possible) - make sure it's healthy to backup some info - survive until I upgrade it or buy a new one?

PS It was a long time ago when I bought it and I don't have the Win CDs

onthelimit1 08:21 16 Nov 2014

Of those programmes you mention, I wouldn't touch registry Mechanic or Reg Cure! One of the others should have shifted any malware. As it has not, I would backup any files etc and scrounge a copy of XP and reinstall (as long as you have the sticker with the COA). Getting the drivers shouldn't be too much hassle

onthelimit1 08:26 16 Nov 2014

Of those programmes you mention, I wouldn't touch registry Mechanic or Reg Cure! One of the others should have shifted any malware. As it has not, I would backup any files etc and scrounge a copy of XP and reinstall (as long as you have the sticker with the COA). Getting the drivers shouldn't be too much hassle

onthelimit1 08:33 16 Nov 2014

No idea why the double post!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:47 16 Nov 2014

try ADWCleaner it will shift alot the others don't find.

spuds 11:12 16 Nov 2014

You could also try Malwarebytes anti-root kit, which I have found works very good when doing a deep search for any nasties click here

onthelimit1 11:30 16 Nov 2014

FB - good idea. I've only recently discovered this software and it's proved very effective.

luis9191 12:21 16 Nov 2014

Tnx for checking this out guys...

According to your advice I'm...

• Re-downloading ADWCleaner and runing it
  • anti Root kit of Malawarebytes

Onthelimit1, where can I get another copy of my Win XP CDs?

BTW... it was great on your part, giving me the direct links!

lotvic 13:31 16 Nov 2014

If you have the i386 folder on your pc (C:\i386) you can make your own installation DVD. Do a google for XP make dvd from i386 folder

Here's a couple of the how-to's ClickHere and also ClickHere

lotvic 13:34 16 Nov 2014

Or, there may be a little prog from the manufacturers on your pc that will gather the required files together, if you tell us the make and model of your pc we can advise further.

onthelimit1 18:26 16 Nov 2014

If you get stuck with the above, give me your address (via the envelope) and also the version of XP and I'll post a copy to you. Quite legal as long as you have the CoA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?