internet explorer in vista premium

gibfish26 14:45 17 Nov 2007

hi can anyone tell me why when i launch windows explorer,it takes ages to connect,and when it does connect it has the annoying habbit of loosing connection,with the following message,explorer cannot display page,please note i am not a techno so nice and simple please.many thanks.gibfish26.

Forum Editor 17:42 17 Nov 2007

"it takes ages to connect,and when it does connect it has the annoying habbit of loosing connection" do you mean Internet Explorer does this with all websites (including this one) or just some of them?

Presumably you are using a broadband connection?

cream. 18:23 17 Nov 2007

I found it the same with Vista. So I tried firefox click here Pages load a lot faster and no more *pages can not be displayed*.

It's strange as I dual boot with Xp and find IE7 the best for XP and firefox far superior for Vista;-)

rdave13 22:32 17 Nov 2007

Firefox hmm..click here

gibfish26 11:57 18 Nov 2007

hi guys thanks to all who have responded,what happens is when i click on internet explorer,its very slow to connect but not all the time,when it does connect i start surfing it could be okay for a while then it just slows right down when trying to connect to a web page then i get the message,internet explorer cannot find page.once again many thanks,ps yes i have broadband,dare i say it is talk talk.

skidzy 20:28 18 Nov 2007

Internet Explorer is not the problem here;
I believe its your isp = internet service provider.

Try Firefox click here if this does not drop the connection,then IE is the problem and we can address this accordingly.

gibfish26 13:57 19 Nov 2007

hi all thanks for your replys,i think skidzy is right it is my isp thats causing problems,i have logged on today with no probs,it does seem to be when i try to use my pc at buisier times.many thanks again.gibfish26.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017