Internet Explorer Keeps Crashing

fionamc 14:51 02 Nov 2007

Just bought a HP Pavillion s3050 Desktop PC with Vista but everytime I open IE7 after about 10 seconds it gives ane error message along the lines of "Ieplorer.exe has encountered a problem and has to close", I have performed windows updates and managed to get on the Internet with Firefox which I managed to quickly download before IE7 crashed. is there an easy fix as it's driving me crazy. Need step by step guide as not that technically minded

Hope you can help

BurrWalnut 15:18 02 Nov 2007

If any of the files have been corrupted the system file checker (sfc) will copy them.

Run it from an elevated Command Prompt, i.e. click Start > All Programs > Accessories and right-click Command Prompt, then ‘Run as Administrator’. Type sfc /scannow (note the space) and press Enter. This may take some time and you may have to put the Vista DVD in the drive.

You can analyse the SFC log file, here click here

StephShadow 16:09 05 Nov 2007

did you get this sorted? See my thread re: runtime error on IE7.

fionamc 16:49 05 Nov 2007

Not sure I ran the Run search but came back with no problems but it seems to have started working on it's own

Thanks

StephShadow 17:49 05 Nov 2007

Interesting to hear you have had a similar experience with IE. Hope that it's sorted for good. Thanks for reply. Steph

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?