Internet connection gets very bad

raiton12 04:46 21 Jan 2015

Lately i've had an issue with my internet. It will be fine for a few hours, but then the connection will quickly degrade to the point where it takes 2-3 minutes to load a page and it's nearly impossible to play games. Restarting the router fixes this problem, but then it arises again after a few more hours.

mole1944 05:44 21 Jan 2015

Have you tried setting up a different channel on your router,you may be getting co-channel interference.If you have either an Android tablet or smartphone download wifi analyzer and that will tell you the channel you're on and also others around you,i had the same problem as you (i'm with Virgin) and a channel change sorted me completely. i now have a nice stable connection.

raiton12 05:50 21 Jan 2015

in the process of downloading the app now, could you tell me how to switch the channel while i'm setting it up?

raiton12 06:08 21 Jan 2015

I changed it from channel 6 to channel 1, dear god this is a performance jump. Thanks a lot!

mole1944 08:21 21 Jan 2015

Your most welcome,if you have more problems just change it again to a different channel.

chse 16:59 21 Jan 2015

Just make it to auto access point should make a scan and choose a channel that are not in use

raiton12 05:07 23 Jan 2015

I have tried several different channels now and it will be fine for a while but it will have random minute long connection losses, makes it impossible to play league of legends. what do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?