internet banking verification with firefox

conrail 10:32 22 Mar 2017

using win 10 home and firefox browser, recently when making an banking online payments/purchases, everything goes through fine until my bank requests verification, the firefox just shows the verification heading but everything else is blank, I can complete the process using chrome and edge so problem seems to be firefox, have registered with firefox forum but that left me frustrated finding where to post, it just seems like Q&A options, checked with bank, no problems there, also done sys restore, all help and advice appreciated, hate having to use edge and chrome, tried them but prefer firefox

Govan1x 11:06 22 Mar 2017

You could try.help.troubleshooting information and pressing refresh Firefox.

Also make sure you have the latest version 52.01

conrail 15:11 22 Mar 2017

thank you Govan1x, I have the latest version of firefox, trobleshooting shows only one query; .Multiprocess Windows 0/1 (Disabled by add-ons); when googling "Re-enable multi-process support disabled by Windows utilities" I get the same blank screen apart from the heading I get when trying bank payment verification, so it looks like one of my add ons, next time I need to make a payment I will disable my add ons one at a time until payment is authorised

Burn-it 15:39 22 Mar 2017

The bank's software does not run properly under Firefox. I have had a similar problem and had to install Opera just to do banking since I refuse to use Chrome or Edge.

conrail 18:19 22 Mar 2017

thank you Burn-it, I will give opera a try, like you I don't like chrome or edge having tried both

Govan1x 10:58 24 Mar 2017

Tried buying some euros of the Internet yesterday using Firefox authorised the payment and got Page not recognised so never got my Euros.

Must be a Firefox problem then conrail.

tullie 12:19 24 Mar 2017

I have no problem using firefox

Burn-it 16:39 24 Mar 2017

I think it actually depends on the security settings in Firefox, but being as I rarely need to do banking online, I just went for a quick and easy choice.

Govan1x 15:35 09 Sep 2017

Latest version is 55.03.

BRYNIT 16:35 09 Sep 2017

From Mozilla support CLICK HERE "Sometimes, add-ons and other installations can change your user agent without your knowledge. In any case, it's important to switch it back to the default user agent to display most websites correctly" it give instructions on how to reset the default user agent. Don't know if it'll help but worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017