Installing Windows10 Creators update on a Fusion5

tallboy 13:34 24 Apr 2017

Last December I purchased a Fusion5 Windows 10 tablet for use when on holiday. Whilst it isn't very fast (it uses an Intel Atom processor) it does the job for a few weeks each year. (Email, web browsing, books etc.) It came with 28GB of RAM and I fitted a 64GB SD card to it. As of now, with most (but not all) programs installed to their default location, I have only 6.5GB of space left in the main memory but 38.7GB on the SD card. Windows tells me that to update to W10 Creators, I need 8GB of main ram! (Bearing in mind that for a while at least, it will store the current version of W10.)

Is there a program I can use (a bit like those designed to move from one PC to another) that I can use to move programs from their default location on C: to D: on the SD card? (Even if this means re-installing them.)

Where the program's installer allows you to choose the location of the installed program, I have already installed them on the D: drive, but most programs don't give you a choice!

I hope someone knows of such a program - thanks.

mikeyrh 15:14 24 Apr 2017

Hello tallboy, this article on the pcworld.com web site may be of help. click here

tallboy 19:12 24 Apr 2017

Many thanks for the link mikeyrh. There's some useful ideas here. I'll give them a try!

I didn't realise that the current version of Windows 10 can be 'dispatched' to another drive. That could be a good way of getting the extra space needed when updating Windows 10 to Creator.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)