installing roxio easy cd creator on vista

stevediggo 08:08 07 Mar 2007

Can anyone out there please help me? i have just bought the above mentioned software and it says"vista ready" i have installed it and 2 thirds through the install it just freezes, so i have to re boot and start all over again removing associated programmes it had already installed, but now it tells me when it gets toward the end please insert cd in drive, but of course it is already in there, i am no expert but the roxio site is not very useful, so if anyone there has had a similar problem please post so i can try and fix it thanks
system- AMD sempron64 socket754 3.0 ati graphics 128mb 1gb ram 200gb hard drive so as you can see meets the requirements thanks for looking

Kate B 10:33 07 Mar 2007

There's going to be an update to make it Vista-compatible sometime this month.

CLONNEN 13:13 07 Mar 2007

I can never get Roxio products to install on ANY of my PCs (Windows ME and XP). Never completes the install procedure. And you can't apply an update unless you have the program already installed (it's like the Chicken and the Egg situation).

Now I just use Deepburner for cd burning - it's free and the Portable version doesn't even require an installation.

crosstrainer 15:26 07 Mar 2007

Known issues here....since XP this has been a fussy install causing lots of problems. Update should be out end of March.

Kate B 16:49 07 Mar 2007

It might only be Creator 9 that's going to work with Vista. I've just checked the press release and it didn't say anything about older flavours. But worth checking the website.

stevediggo 16:55 07 Mar 2007

I would like to thank all who have posted replies to my post i have given up installing version 9, what i did was to try and install version 8 and to my ultimate surprise it has worked and runs smmothly so thank you all again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?