installing internet onto windows vista

mr k collis 13:49 09 May 2007

i'm trying to install talk talk onto my pc which is windows vista it will not let me do it and keeps saying that i need to go into admistrator or be the administrator to install it....
i cannot find administrator can anyone help!
thanks

Mac 15:54 09 May 2007

It looks like your user account is set up as a 'standard user'. If you own the PC and have the authority to install software, go to start/control panel. When control panel opens, select 'user accounts and family safety', then 'user accounts'. You should see your own account (created when you first set up your PC) and a list of options. Select 'change your account type' from the list and then select the radio button next to 'administrator'. Apply the changes and all should be OK with the installation. Hope that helps.

ventanas 17:06 09 May 2007

No. If you are the only user you are the administrator, but Microsoft are scaling this account down in Vista. Even though you are admin you will still run as a standard user. Find the installation file on the CD, right click it and choose Run as Administrator. OK the UAC prompt and you should be ok.

The admin account in Vista is very different from XP. Before you try to use this OS in depth I would recommend a thorough read. Something like this click here

mr k collis 21:19 09 May 2007

will have another go and see what happens, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?