Installed XP on a vista PC. Now can't access Vista

trenchn 17:39 11 Oct 2007

Hi,

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Li1718 Laptop. It came with Vista Home Premium installed which was fine until I tried to use Cubase 4 with a Beta driver on an M-Audio Fast TRack Pro USB Audio interface. SDPIF wasn't working on the card and latency in audio wasn't great.

I installed XP Home on a separate partition to Vista so that I could use verified drivers for the audio interface to continue writing music on XP. There now seems to be no option to choose operating systems on boot up and everything I'd put on Vista is now inaccessible.

I'd previously had XP pro and XP home running on the same computer (different drives, not separate partitions though) and I could always choose which OS to boot up. This is why I thought it would work this time.

Is there any way I can boot from a CD to choose OS's with a downloaded program on the boot CD to prompt this? Does anyone know of a solution? Or do I just need to start from scratch (I'd rather not if possible)

Hope someones got some ideas?

Many Thanks

IntoPCs 21:24 11 Oct 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?