install of vista

sunny staines 18:26 13 Apr 2008

1]on install of vista does it give you the option to delete and format partitions like xp.

2]does office xp outlook still have problems with vista or has that been fixed in updates or sp1?

3]does vista now have sata drivers?

just a bit of prep for my install.

MCE2K5 22:10 13 Apr 2008

How to install Windows Vista

click here

mrwoowoo 22:11 13 Apr 2008

This thread may be of interest.
click here
I am using office xp 2003 on vista with no problems.Also just had an office xp update as well which is ok.

mrwoowoo 22:16 13 Apr 2008

A bit about the sata drivers.
click here

sunny staines 09:37 14 Apr 2008

thanks for the replies.

I have heard that installing over xp invalid dates xp if you need to use again. i have a retial ver of xp and have a pc lined up for it.

the vista will be a full oem vista but i dont wont to upgrade but do a full install. i want to wipe xp first but deleting and reset the partition and format before i install vista. xp does this but i dont think i can with vista.

will it be a case of downloading FDISK or does the clean install give the options i want, the microsoft link does not make this very clear.

Rob_08 12:14 14 Apr 2008

@sunny staines
Vista will allow you to delete/format any existing partitions as you are installing it, its very easy to do in the Vista setup and very quick actually.
Thats about all i like about it though. But thats just me. Good luck with your install, its simple to do.

sunny staines 12:35 14 Apr 2008

Rob_08

thanks do i go for custom adv install?

Rob_08 13:49 14 Apr 2008

Hi Sunny.
Yeah choose Custom and on the "Where do you want to install windows" click " Drive options (advanced)" then you can create,extend delete or format partitions. And relax, if you make a mistake just start over. Wont hurt a thing and youll be learning all the while.

sunny staines 14:05 14 Apr 2008

Rob_08

thanks that is the confirmation i wanted re the install.

I take it sp1 has not fixed the password problem in office xp outlook.

jakimo 01:36 15 Apr 2008

Microsoft has announced that they are extending the sale and support of windows XP for a further 2 years,are they trying to tell us something?

As well as being 10% slower than XP, Vista still has its problems even with SP1 installed,and many organisations are still refusing to install it

sunny staines 02:06 15 Apr 2008

jakimo

i have sat on the fence for just over a year, having tried the beta for a short time.

after reading pro vista comments from several respected readers on this forum i have decided to give it a go now sp1 is out. i will have to double my ram, just going through the process of convincing the wife on the cost. i was waiting for the promised price reduction offered by MS but this seems to have died a death MS will not even answer the point when i phone them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?