incredimail 2 not accepting link

conrail 21:32 23 Feb 2015

using windows 8.1 with incredimail 2; for some reason when clicking on a link in my inbox emails nothing happens, I have tried the incredimail forum and although I have previously registered on this site it tells me I have tried to log in too many times and has blocked me, this happened the 1st time I tried to log in and each subsiquence log in attempts, I have tried reregistering but the same problem, all help and advice appreciated

northumbria61 05:01 24 Feb 2015

Try repairing Incredimail. Go to control panel - programs & features - click on Incredimail - you should get 2 options - choose upgrade

conrail 08:56 24 Feb 2015

thanks northumbria61, appreciate your help but the only option there is uninstall

Secret-Squirrel 09:39 24 Feb 2015

Conrail, this problem usually occurs when Windows has forgotten which is your default browser. Try this:

Close Incredimail then go to Control Panel -> Default Programs -> Set your default programs. In the left-hand pane, click on your favourite web browser to select it, then click on "Set this program as the default". Click the "OK" button then try Incredimail again.

northumbria61 11:26 24 Feb 2015

conrail - thanks northumbria61, appreciate your help but the only option there is uninstall

May be different then to Windows 7 - right click gives uninstall option only but clicking on it (normal or left click) should give you a window with 2 options. However Secret-Squirrel may have the better option if it works for you.

conrail 11:28 24 Feb 2015

thanks Secret-Squirrel, but still same problem, if email has 'click here' or 'start' or similar then can't access the link, if the full www. link is shown I can copy and paste

Secret-Squirrel 15:41 24 Feb 2015

Sorry to hear it didn't work :(

Which is you default web browser?

conrail 21:01 24 Feb 2015

using firefox browser

Secret-Squirrel 10:00 25 Feb 2015

Most of the time it's a Windows problem that causes email links to stop functioning. Unfortunately there are numerous solutions for this. I did find a potential fix but it's not 100% applicable to your PC's configuration so perhaps we ought to put it on the back burner for now.

Is this a relatively recent problem? If it is then a Windows "System Restore" will probably help - have a read here if you're not familiar with it. Pick an available restore point that pre-dates your problem but don't go further back than you need to. You won't lose any emails or other personal data such as photos, music, and documents etc.

conrail 18:28 25 Feb 2015

thanks Secret-Squirrel, clicked on a link 'click here' tonight and it worked, yet I haven't made any changes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?