I'm Sorry Mr Gates

ulrich 21:05 07 Mar 2007

But I won.t be buying Vista for a few months yet, a few too many problems for my likeing, too many little niggles. I am a gamer so the look of DX10 appealed, but no DX10 or games to play it on. so I will save my money for 6 months and see what happens.

Forum Editor 23:53 07 Mar 2007

There'll be lots of people doing the same thing.

It was exactly the same situation when Windows XP launched, and before that when Windows 98SE and Windows ME first hit the market.

Microsoft can wait.

wolfie3000 12:33 08 Mar 2007

Im the same ulrich,

You will find alot of gamers feel the same way.

They dont want to install vista as it means some of there games wont work,
I for one wont be installing Vista until they bring out a patch for Halo so it can be played on vista.

Saying that though Halo 2 requires Vista :(

Lifes not fair.

Kate B 12:39 08 Mar 2007

I'm sure Bill will get over it ;)

But yeah, there are no compelling reason to upgrade to Vista at the moment for gamers. I think there are good reasons if you're a parent, mind you.

ulrich 17:35 08 Mar 2007

A parent, I suppose I am lucky with my son, who is not interested in chat rooms or the other. He does his homework, maybe plays games he shouldn,t. I think there are enough programmes with parental control and if the parents don't bother now I can't see them buying Vista anyway. I will get Vista eventually as I want to rebuild my PC but I need a new motherboard as I am going oem I will have to wait.

ulrich 22:06 09 Mar 2007

When it was new and didn't have any problems.

pk46 13:13 10 Mar 2007

You will always have problems with a new OS as did WXP when it was realeased in 2001 yeh it's an old boy now,but here in the UK we are paying over the top.
Microsoft shot it self in the foot when it said the Vista replacement should be out in the third quarter of 2009 WE WILL SEE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone