IE8 Problem

djkezuk 16:02 04 May 2009

I am currently using a VAIO laptop and have vista home premium installed, several days ago IE8 stopped working, everytime i tried to open it, it opened 2 pages, but one of them was just a weird blue screen that i could only see by hovering the curser over its tab at the bottom of the screen, and it wouldn't let me interact with anything on the page, or close it down without using task manager, not knowing what the problem was i reformatted as i couldn't access the net to try anything else, everything was fine then until the updates downloaded and after IE8 working ok for a few hours, it started doing it again, i have had to reformat yet again and have turned off auto updates and have downloaded google chrome just incase, nobody else i know has had this problem so thought i would ask around on here, thanks in advance for any help passed this way.

peter99co 19:01 04 May 2009

Click on IE8 Tools when site is active and check compatability settings

djkezuk 19:05 04 May 2009

It wouldn't let me do anything with the page, i even tried changing my home page etc, but to no avail, i couldn't even close it, i had to use task manager, was quite odd really, have formatted again and am back using IE7 now, with google chrome on standby should anything else occur, hopefully not

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?