Idea,s anyone

BigB32 19:10 22 Oct 2007

Hi all have been running vista ultimate for about 3 weeks now and a annoying problem surfaces now and again on start up ,the problem is vista locks up/freezes at various points up to 90seconds after start up if it gets past that point runs fine no probs.at all for hour after hour. So I thought a conflict on loading something , at the moment I have only kapersky 7.0, pc tools firewall and Boclean running from start up , and once when it froze I rebooted and closed those progs. down in msconfig rebooted and it still froze .
Any comments/suggestions welcome please

Brian

skidzy 19:57 22 Oct 2007

This could be a windows service at fault.
Im guessing here that the cause could be the service Superfetch.

Start / and type

services.msc

and enter.

Now scroll through the services and stop the Superfetch services.
This will do no harm to your computer,and may eliminate this from the cause of the lockups.
If the lockups persist after Superfetch has been stopped,you can safely re-enable this service.

BigB32 20:07 22 Oct 2007

Cheers for that skidzy have done as you suggested will see how it goes and report back one way or the other.
Brian

BigB32 13:43 25 Oct 2007

Sorry skidsy that has not helped still as bad as ever anything else to try ,I am stumped

Brian

BigB32 13:43 25 Oct 2007

Whoops sorry spelt your name wrong

ventanas 13:55 25 Oct 2007

I once had some Antispyware from PC Tools. It put about 10 mins on the startup time of my PC. Needless to say I ditched it.

I'm not saying it is this, but it may be worth a try disabling it for a short while.

BigB32 14:07 25 Oct 2007

As I say I even disabled all the programs including pc tools firewall from starting and it still froze up it is something else , I am writing this on this pc which took me at least 20 minutes to get up and running because of this problem
Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?