ICQ Script Error pops up after registry clean

cowgirl66 09:21 03 Jun 2008

Hi folks,

I like to use the ICQ Games and do so most days. But having run a registry clean, a script error occurs when I try the Games again. My only option is to reinstall ICQ and start over.
I have two different registry cleaner software now, the present one being Glary Utilities which has had such a good review.
What am I doing wrong, and what should I not delete when running a registry clean?

Regards cowgirl66

cowgirl66 09:26 03 Jun 2008

I have just found out that someone can invite ME to a game and I get no script error. It only happens when I do the inviting.

sunny staines 12:45 03 Jun 2008

i gave up on glary. when it first came out it was good but later updates have made it too aggressive causing minor problems which needed reinstalls to fix.

cowgirl66 15:32 03 Jun 2008

Hi sunny staines,

The same problem occured with Vista Manager, another clean-up tool including one for the registry. Maybe you can tell me which one you use now??? ;-)

Regards, cowgirl66

User-1229748 16:00 03 Jun 2008

i use ccleaner with vista.

sunny staines 16:05 03 Jun 2008

I use ccleaner and eusing both free.

cowgirl66 20:37 03 Jun 2008

Hi, I will try both of these - ccleaner and eusing - and see what gives.

Thanks again both for your help and advice.

cowgirl66

Rob_08 20:52 03 Jun 2008

Anoyone who uses registry destroyers are asking for trouble. Use Acronis instead make incremental backups and never worry about whether you just deleted a needed registry key, which these scammy tools will all do eventually. cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?