I hate Windows Vista and need help.

gbyankee58 18:02 25 Sep 2007

I have just bought a computer with Windows Vista. I had Windows XP previously which was great. I am finding that I cannot access any anything that I want to look at that might be a pop-up. I have clicked on the toolbar to allow pop-ups for these sites and it will won't let them on. I like baseball and have always watched games, it won't let me access them, which is annoying when I have paid for them. Windows XP, I could choose which pop-ups I wanted. It says that the page is loaded with error on page. How do I put this right. Another had a Syntax error how do I fix that? I am not experienced enough to know if this is a vista error or something else. I just keep hearing bad things about Vista. Any help gratefully received Elaine

Totally-braindead 18:30 25 Sep 2007

Assumming you are using Internet Explorer 7, goto Tools which are top right and down to pop up blocker and you can turn it off if you wish.
Can't help with the baseball games thing, can only assume that theres some software you use to watch it and its not compatible with Vista as you don't give any info on it.

Forum Editor 23:17 25 Sep 2007

You don't use Vista to surf the web, you use Internet Explorer, and it's the same version you were using with Windows XP.

Do what Totally-braindead suggests.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?